Permanent Location Date (Storage Location)
- This field contains the date the object was placed in its permanent location site.
- The inventory and location of objects are essential for proper management of collections. This field should be completed when the collection is inventoried.
- A blank field means that the object has not yet been inventoried. After the inventory, this field should not contain any uncertain, approximate or partial dates.
- This field is used in conjunction with the Permanent Location Site fields.
- Enter the date in the form YYYY dash MM dash DD, in numbers only (Y for "year," M for "month," D for "day").
A lamp placed in storeroom 423, on shelf 3 of unit C, on November
| ||Object Name||lamp|
| || Permanent Location Site 1||storeroom 423|
| || Permanent Location Site 2||unit C|
| || Permanent Location Site 3|| shelf 3|
|Permanent Location Date|| 1988-11-26|
- If you move an object, remember to enter the new location date in the Permanent Location Date field and the new location in the Permanent Location Site fields. It is important to keep an audit trail of such dates. Archive information on previous dates.
- If you know that you have an object in your collections but cannot find it, write "unknown" in the Permanent Location Site 1 field and the date of this observation in the Permanent Location Date field.
A sculpture not found during the inventory completed on
February 7, 1992
| ||Object Name|| sculpture|
| || Permanent Location Site 1||unknown|
|Permanent Location Date|| 1992-02-07|
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space.