- This field contains the name of the discipline or science under which the object falls.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add keywords as necessary.1
- Enter the name of the discipline under which the object falls.
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space.
A medal received by a local citizen in recognition of war service.
| Discipline || military history; local history|
| || Object Name|| medal|
- For a humanities authority list in the Discipline field, you may consult HARVEY, Kerridwen. Proposal for Expansion of the Humanities National Database. Ottawa: Canadian Heritage Information Network, Documentation Research Group, 1994.